CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) STUDIO POLICIES
In the midst of the 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, Kara Hudgens Photography Co. wants to assure you of its continued commitment to maintaining a safe and healthy workplace and that we are taking active measures to protect you and your families from the spread of COVID-19. As part of those efforts, we are implementing new Coronavirus (Covid-19) Policies. Please read carefully:
IMPORTANCE OF SOCIAL DISTANCING
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has found that one of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of COVID-19 is limiting face-to-face contact with others, known as social distancing or physical distancing. The Occupational Safety and Health Authority (OSHA) similarly recommends increased social distancing when preparing workplaces to respond to COVID-19.
A Social Distancing Policy is key to our overall strategy and commitment to maintaining a healthy workplace in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. Although knowledge about the virus and how it spreads are evolving, based on the information we have now, these measures will help curb its spread. Compliance with this policy is essential because current consensus on the virus suggests, among other things, that:
- COVID-19 is highly contagious.
- COVID-19 spreads mostly among people who are in close contact (within about 6 feet, or two arms’ lengths) for a prolonged time period (between 10 and 30 minutes, depending on the distance).
- The virus generally spreads when an infected person coughs, sneezes, or talks, and droplets from their mouth or nose get in the air and land in the mouths or noses of nearby people.
- A person who has the virus may not have any symptoms but may still spread COVID-19.
- A person can get COVID-19 by touching another person, such as with a handshake, or by touching another surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or eyes.
- The virus can live on surfaces for up to several days, depending on the surface and other conditions.
For these reasons, the CDC and other public health experts have recommended limiting contact with other people and common surfaces to limit the spread of COVID-19. We need your full cooperation and compliance with these measures to make them effective in this new work environment.
SOCIAL DISTANCING & HEALTH SAFETY MEASURES
Following the CDC’s guidance, Kara Hudgens Photography Co. requires that you comply with the following protocols and procedures while in-studio or on-location.
- PPE and Face Coverings. Use of PPE such as masks must be used by photographer and crew while in the studio. Models or subjects should wear masks except for the exact time they are being photographed. When working outdoors, masks will be used when we can not social distance. Photographer will provide hand sanitizer in studio and on location. Please bring your own masks.
- Brief Health History Check. Temperature checks will be conducted for each photographic client (including the family member or guest) prior to each session. Any model/subject, family member, or guest with a fever exceeding 100.4 degrees will be rescheduled. Screening questions could include:
- How are you feeling?
- Have you had a cough or any flu-like or COVID symptoms in the last 14 days?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms with the last 30 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
- Social distancing. Social distancing or maintaining a six-foot distance from others will be observed, using no-touch posing methods when at all possible.
- Guest Limitations. Only one family member or guest is allowed to accompany the model or subject until further notice, except in cases of emergency. Additional guests are prohibited unless they are essential to the performance of the job.
- Appointments and call times. All booking will be done online or over the phone. Strict appointment times will be kept, allowing sufficient time to sanitize photographic equipment and common areas after each client/model shoot. Only one client (and family member or guest) is allowed in studio facilities at any given time. If the session is held offsite, only one client (and family) will be staged in the immediate area. We will try to keep sessions under two hours.
- Digital Image and Product Delivery.
- Digital proofs and retouched final digital images will be available via online gallery.
- Prints and proudcts will delivered via courier mail.
- Rescheduling. If you do not feel well, please call and reschedule. There will be no fee for the first reschedule date.
Additionally, Kara Hudgens Photography Co. is following these additional policies on set and in studio
- Supplies and Equipment. Supplies and equipment will not be shared. Use of shared photo, video, and other equipment, such as cameras, lights, and scanners will be limited and only if necessary. If sharing is required:
- Maintain a six-foot distance from others when waiting to use the equipment;
- Use hand sanitizer before and after each use;
- Use disposable gloves if provided when using shared equipment; and,
- Disinfect equipment with wipes before and after each use on all touch surfaces.
- Cleaning and Sanitization. Standard sanitation protocols prior to each client will include but not be limited to:
- Washing hands regularly before and after photographic sessions
- Sanitation of all camera equipment, props, chairs, benches with which a client may come into contact using alcohol wipes
- Sanitation of restroom/dressing facilities if available to clients in-studio
- Sanitation of common areas in studio, including door knobs (interior and exterior), counter tops, pens and pencils, tablets and monitors
- Removal of unnecessary paper products or décor (magazines, newspapers, extraneous sales materials)